Sunday, January 23, 2011

West Brook Skating Rink

I haven't been ice skating in a really long time and my children have been wanting to learn how to skate. Yesterday we decided to take them for the very first time and we found this cute little rink run by the Knights of Columbus. I've heard from friends that they make the rink just for this time of the year and when winter is over they drain the pond until next year.

In my opinion they have done a nice job setting up the rink so that the back half is for those that wish to play hockey and the front half left for those that wish to just skate. For beginners they have these wooden supports that you can hang onto until you figure out what you are doing. They probably have a name for them but I don't know what they are called.

There is also a snack bar & rentals available. Children 5 and under are free. And for us that were skating over age 5 the cost was $3.50 per person.  Skate rentals were $3.00 each for either figure or hockey skates and I had my skates sharpened for $5.00. I know that can rent other stuff there too like hockey pucks and sticks but I don't know the price.

Anyway I recommend this little place for some inexpensive outdoor fun to do with your kids.

You can call them for more information.

Name: West Brook Skating Rink
Street: 234 Pool Street
Biddeford, me 04005-2837
Phone: (207) 284-9652

I also found them on facebook and you can see the photo's posted here

I hope you enjoy your winter.

Cheers,
Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment